U.S. Bank AML Issue Validation Manager in Billings, Montana
U.S. Bank, Payment Services, is currently seeking an AML Issue Validation Manager for our First Line of Defense (FLoD) - BSA/ AML QA testing group.
The AML Issue Validation Manager will partner with Line of Business (LOB), BSA/ AML QA analysts, Risk/Compliance/Audit (RCA) professionals, and QA Managers to create, implement, maintain, review or oversee an effective risk management framework. Testing performed will be conducted in accordance with the expectations and protocols that have been established by business line and Enterprise AML standards.
The Issue Validation Manager will participate in projects and/or activities that ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This role will identify gaps and inform LOB solutions that minimize losses resulting from inadequate internal processes, systems or human errors. Identifies, responds and/or escalates risks as appropriate. Serves as a functional liaison between the Line of Business, Issue Management, and the other Lines of Defense.
Additional responsibilities are as follows:
• Assist with developing and monitoring the Line of Business (LOB) BSA/AML Compliance programs to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and corporate standards.
• Ensures BSA/AML internal controls are sufficient.
• Makes recommendations to management in regard to risk areas, preventative actions and opportunities for improvement.
• Monitors business activities, procedures and documentation for compliance with BSA/AML regulations and corporate standards. Researches compliance laws and regulations and provides guidance to the LOB.
• Conduct issue specific independent control testing of LOB records and internal procedures to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and Bank procedures.
• Prepare reports for management.
• Determine potential areas of risks appraise their significance and make recommendations to improve system controls.
Ensure resolution plan activities are sufficient to remediate and ensure sustainability to close an issue
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Seven to ten years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
Applicable professional certifications
Considerable knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact their assigned line of business
Considerable understanding of the business line’s operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls
Considerable knowledge of Risk/Compliance/Audit competencies
Strong process facilitation, project management, and analytical skills
Must possess business acumen and credibility to help business line(s) proactively identify and address changing workforce needs
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
Job: Compliance / Quality Control
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 170009722
Other Locations: North Carolina-NC-Charlotte, Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis